Today has been a beautiful day and I feel all sorts of things bubbling inside of me. Got me thinking about all the things that have been extraordinary or magical in my 25 years of this life. I have seen many amazing things but I am not talking about that. I am talking about things that are sooooo good they feel unreal! Things that touch a part of our hearts that is seldom reached. I am sure you are starting to get what I am saying 😀
Since these things are so extraordinary, they happen fewer times than we can imagine. I have 5 such magical moments. They may seem small to you but they meant and felt like a thousand suns to me! 🙂
1) Lollipops were popular some years ago. I had bought one for myself one day and my brother Muoki appeared just as I was putting it into my mouth. He always liked to tease me and on this day he wanted me to give him the lollipop. I put it in my mouth very fast because no one eats something that someone has already put into their mouth. Muoki is not everyone though… He took it from my mouth, said thank you, put it in his mouth and walked away saying, “Kwani mate yako ni sumu?” (Your saliva ain’t poison!) My heart was melting at this time…. In the most wierd way, I was moved by the fact that he could eat something straight from my mouth. A true blood connection that one. Magical!! I will never forget that! Never! 🙂
2) I had a bad fever like 6 years ago. My parents prayed over me as we went to bed that night. In the middle of the night, I felt a gentle hand on my forehead feeling for the fever. My mum had woken up and walked silently into my room to check on me. One of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. I felt like I was 2 years old again with nothing to fear! My heart melted…. Magical!! 🙂 🙂
3) My 1st kiss happened like 5 years ago. My then boyfriend and I had had a picnic in a nice park. We had talked a lot, eaten like crazy, laughed and prayed together. We took a walk as the sun was setting and then it happened. I can’t remember who went first and all those details but it was beautiful! My heart was singing a million halleluyas in perfect harmony. Pitch perfect! 😀 Magical!!! 🙂 🙂
4) 4 years ago, I sat alone on some nice wooden seats overlooking the sea in Busan Korea. It was a nice evening, the breeze was calming and the view was so beautiful. I remember I was having a hard time in a foreign land and I was missing home badly. However, taking all that beauty in and sitting there all alone in my thoughts, I felt a peace that the human mind cannot fathom. I knew I was going to be ok…. Such beauty! Such serenity! Magical!! 🙂 🙂
5) The final one happened today. I was leading worship in church and a time came when the presence of God was so overwhelming. I was praying for the people but the rest of me felt like I was floating. It’s like God had saturated all the air around with His presence. I could stay in that exact position forever. Felt like heaven on earth. There is a God! Jehovah is God! Magical!!
I think about these experiences and I am so glad to be alive! May I live long to experience more of these wonders!
Life may not be easy but it is good!
Open your eyes to the wonders around you today! It’s in the small things 🙂 🙂 🙂